Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, It's only a day away

Today is March 14th. That means tomorrow is my first 5k! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't get nervous. Or, actually, more anxious than nervous. The anticipation is always what gets me, with anything. And this is no exception. Lola's coming over tonight to have a nutritious night-before-the-big-race dinner and watch Run Fatboy Run. Knowing that we both share the same nervous excitement makes me feel less nervous and more excited.

Am I ready? Heck yeah! Oh wait, except I'm kinda not. But a secret trick of mine is to pretend that I'm confident about things and then I trick myself into actually being confident. Sound silly? Maybe, but try it- it works! Anyway, I think I'm as ready as I could be at this point. I've definitely been working hard. A few short months ago I wouldn't have dreamed that I would be doing this, so regardless of how or when I finish tomorrow's race, I'll be happy to have finished it. And I'll also be happy it's over!

But for now, it's still looming on the horizon. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment